Friday, May 14, 2010

It Was Meant to Be

Today, I had the privilege of being part of such a joyous and memorable occasion. My brother proposed to his girlfriend of 6 years. Deciding to propose was well thought-out. However, when it was to be done was another story. On the morning of May 14, my brother decides he will surprise Leizel at her apartment as she arrives home from work after 3pm. A rather spontaneous decision. You see, my family, including my brother, lives in Los Angeles. His girlfriend (now fiancee) lives in San Diego. He needed to move fast if he wanted his surprise to take place.

We leave LA a little before 1:00pm and hit some pretty bad traffic throughout pockets of the Los Angeles and Orange Counties. My brother is of course in a state of panic and anxiety over not being able to make it to the apartment before Leizel gets there. At 3:00pm, while still stuck in traffic, and 45 minutes away from Leizel's apartment, thinking that all is lost at this point, my brother receives a phone call. It is Leizel, calling to say she is off of work. And as if fate was on my brother's side, Leizel decides to go shopping and eat dinner before heading home. We arrive at her apartment around 4pm. My mother and I help my brother set-up and then we wait. At 6pm, Leizel arrives and the rest is history.

After all was said and done, all I could tell my brother was it was truly meant to be.


Path of petals from the front door, leading to the my brother and the ring


Ring is hidden under the hat


No comments:

Post a Comment