Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Surrounded



Full campgrounds, insect bites, and unexpected rain. The natural wonders that surrounded me during my weekend camping trip in the Sequoia National Forest surpassed these small setbacks.

As expected, the Sequoia trees left me in awe. I originally feared bears visiting our campsite at night, but luckily we had none. Instead, we had a friendly passing with a blonde bear eating grass in Crescent Meadow. Speaking of meadows, Sequoia National Forest is full of them. I can understand why Hale Tharp, a miner during the Gold Rush, built a home within a Sequoia log near Crescent Meadow. Below is a photo of his humble abode hailed as "Tharp's Log."

Lastly, I have to say the most memorable experience of the weekend for me was seeing a shooting star. When you are up in the Sierra Nevadas, you feel so much closer to the stars. It's absolutely beautiful.







1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I just trained my eyes to see shooting stars last year.

    Love,
    Your horrible friend

    ReplyDelete